Tuesday, August 18, 2009

End of carefree summer

Today is my last day of not doing anything. That's right, I start my job tomorrow morning at 8. I'm a little worried about getting up real early because as of now my natural wake up time is 9, and if I have to be to work at 8 that means I need to be up and running a lot earlier than that. It's not like my BYU job that started at 8 where I could leave the house at 7:45 and get there on time. (Actually I was usually still getting ready at 7:45 and was generally running out of the house around 7:55 or later. I swear, there was always some kind of minor crisis every morning that prevented me from getting there on time. I think I might be missing the bus a lot out here.) But anyway this is my last day of my carefree, lazy DC summer. I'm really excited to start work. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing yet as jobs and projects will change daily. And I don't even know what department I'll be working at either (my position is basically contingent on where they have a need). All I know is that I will be working in the Ronald Reagan Building and that it's fabulously just around the corner from the American History Museum. I'm glad to start and I'm glad to finally get going! (Besides, I want a paycheck so I can decorate my room!)

3 comments:

Alison said...

Good to know you have a blog to! I love it! You are now on my Reader. :)

Linds said...

Are you really in DC now?!? I'm just 2 hours north by Harrisburg at law school! GIRL! I should be in town monthly or so for temple trips, so let's hook it up! And congrats on a new job :)

Anonymous said...

Real life! Your work sounds like it will be exciting. I'm sure you'll be fantastic!