Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Job update!


August 3, 3009 5:45 pm: Landed in Philadelphia. Had a voicemail from someone wanting to interview the next day. Called back, left a message.

August 4, 2009 8:08 am: Called and left another message saying I could meet with them at 11:00 if that still fit in their schedule.

August 4, 2009 10:57 am: Arrive for an interview.

August 4, 2009 2:00 pm: Receive phone call offering me the job (it's temporary for now)

August 4, 2009 2:13 pm: Receive phone call from HR scheduling me to come in the next day to fill out paperwork.

August 5, 2009 10:00 am: Meet with HR lady and fill out paperwork.

August 5, 2009 5:24 pm: Receive offer letter.

Although the job is temporary, within 48 hours of landing on the East Coast, I have a job. If I had known that would happen I wouldn't have stressed so much! I start next week, dependent on my security clearance going through.

6 comments:

Erika said...

Congrats Lauren! I'm glad to hear DC is treating you well so far!

laura said...

Woohoooooo!

Lisa Marie said...

Wow, you must be paying your tithing and reading your scriptures daily! That's freaking awesome since there are many people bow-a-days that are jobless.

Lisa Marie said...

I meant to say now-a-days. It's hard typing one handed. The other hand is occupied. Nursing and checking blogs at the same time. What could be better? So know this... every time I check your blog I am feeding my baby at the same time. Weird? Maybe a little. Also know that when I leave you comments it's always done one handed. So there are likely to be mistakes. And it takes me extra long to do it so be grateful that I do it at all! I must like you.

Amy Lovell said...

You're welcome! :)

pam said...

Oh my gosh, Lauren! I've been out of it lately and haven't read blogs or facebook. It's been fun to catch up on what is going on. Way to go with the job, girl! I'm excited for you!