Monday, October 5, 2009

Absolute Productivity

I had a VERY productive weekend. Here is what I accomplished:

  1. Initial cleaning of room. Remember when I posted about THIS? Well, I got home from work Wednesday and my new room was so much worse than that ever was! How could it be worse? It was, believe you me! My new room is bigger, so there is more room to have clothes strewn about. But in my defense, I didn't have a dresser and didn't have anywhere to put my things. (But, I really did look at my room and think that someone must have gone through my closet and thrown everything all over the room!)
  2. Got my new lamps put together
  3. Put together my new five drawer black dresser I bought Thursday night at IKEA. Want to see which one? Go HERE.
  4. Listened to General Conference while I cleaned and put together. It was wonderful.
  5. Had people over for soup. I made Thai Pumpkin. I found the recipe HERE a long time ago (long time ago meaning before my mission) and have been wanting to try it again. But, on a side note, as I searched for the recipe for my link I think I found some other ones that could be better. That's because if I ever see anything with coconut in it I'm inclined to think it will be absolutely delightful. I might try THIS one or THIS one in the future.
  6. Dance party while we did the dishes. New guilty pleasure song: Party in the USA
  7. Watched Some Like It Hot with my roommates.
  8. Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned my room. I put the clothes from the box (a BIG box) my mom sent away in my dresser or moved clothes from the closet into the dresser. I washed sheets and clothes. I swept the floor too.
  9. Rearranged the paintings on my walls
  10. Cleaned the bathroom
  11. Folded my clean laundry

I would say it sounds like a productive weekend. Pictures to come of my room when I have it where I want. (But unfortunately I didn't take a "before" picture.) On my to-do-list now? Find a chair, chaise or some kind of seating furniture. It's going to be great.

4 comments:

Emma said...

yay! clean rooms! hilarious about the recipes. make them for me at christmas...after you figure out which one is the best. tehe! love you!

Erin Masi said...

Hooray for a clean room! Mine is still an utter disaster...oops. And secret-I totally love the Party in the USA song too!! Such a great one for singing and dancing around the house! :)

Amy Lovell said...

I've been meaning to tell you, thanks for cleaning the bathroom! That was a pleasant surprise.

Melissa said...

Ooo, I can't wait to see pictures of your place! And I'm impressed that you put the dresser together by yourself...I really can't seem to get IKEA instructions so I usually end up doing something dumb and making Chris figure it out.