(This is Ellie in our family backyard. Photo compliments of Emma.)
So, I promised a post about rings I like but I'm having technical difficulties and thought I'd share another thought first.I love weddings. And I love things that surround it. But I sometimes don't think that my own wedding will happen as soon as I'd like. Last week, I had a friend from my mission offer to be my "back-up" if I wasn't married by 40. I might have to take him up on it at the rate I'm going! (That makes me sound like I'm desperate, or distraught that I'm not married yet, I'm really not! I couldn't have done all the things I've done if I was married, but the thought is always there in the back of my mind. I'm 25 and I'm not even close to getting married...)
Yesterday on my run I thought, “If I don’t get married by the time I’m 32, I’m getting a dog. “ Then I thought, “and since I'll be alone and having to work I’ll have to get a dog walker… I bet someone in the single's ward would do it..." I think it’s a great idea.
Buuuut I hope I find someone to love and someone to be loved by before then.
And then WE can get a dog!

5 comments:
I LOVE YOU! But I don't think it would work out...I've been thinking about you today because last year for Christmas James got me Be Delicious and every time I wear it (which I am today) I can't help but think of you and our apartment in Warsaw. And all your reminiscing about the mission on your blog...and your pictures of past investigators...it kills me.
yay ellie! so cute. move to england. there's lots of cute dogs there. you could walk your dog everyday in hyde park! because obviously you would work at one of those museums, right? ;) perfect! oh ellard.
i'm curious who is going to be your backup? and hey you've got all the time in the world to find mr. right because being single is much better than being married to the wrong person! but get the dog anyway it will be fun!
just to clarify, i'm not married to the wrong person :) now i sound weird and stuff but i'm just saying from watching my sisters and all, who rushed into marriage!
I hear you! I don't even like dogs, and I am considering getting one if I'm not married in a couple of years... Especially because my mission back up got married!! Haha!
Post a Comment