Here are some of my favorite Metro moments from the past few months.
- Watching two people from inside the train pull and one person from the outside push a bag into the train that was caught in the doors. Eventually the doors opened up and two more people jumped on the train.
- Running onto the train only to hear a girl talking into the emergency phone about someone being sick on the train. I turn around to see newspapers all over the floor and some lady wiping her mouth and looking sick. I quickly hop off the train and move to the next. The "sick car" was cleared out and the train got ready to leave the platform when some person ran to beat the doors and got stuck in the "sick car".
- Getting pushed from behind to get onto the train by a lady who held a box in front of her, so I was actually being pushed by the box.
- Watching a tiny spider crawl along the collar of the person in front of me on another crowded train and trying to decide if I should pinch it between my fingers or just let it wander. I let it wander.
- Getting onto a relatively empty train only to realize that it only looked crowded because someone was in a wheelchair. Then, having to navigate around the chair to get out.
- Listening to people's extra loud music coming from their headphones and thinking, "They don't look like they'd be listening to that."
- Squishing onto a crowded train on the way home from work and then having three more people squish on behind me. The guy standing directly next to me found the urge to sing about the crowded train for a bit and then whisper into my ear with his alcohol laced breath, "You have nice skin."
1 comment:
Haha, that first one was so me on one of my first trips into Stockholm. My backpack got caught in the doors and I was stuck! My comp thought it was hilarious especially because I think I'd also been caught in the little place you swipe your card to get to the train... I miss Sweden's public transportation - it rocked.
Post a Comment