Sunday, November 22, 2009

Football

I like football. If you read my blog last year you would know I had an intramural team that I used to update you on. If you didn't, you can read about it HERE. Yesterday was our ward's "Turkey Bowl". We played football in the morning and had a Ward Thanksgiving Dinner that evening.

So, it was the first (and probably only) football game of the season that I played in, and I am having a hard time moving today. Perhaps I need to sprint more. Perhaps I shouldn't get roped into playing blocker against guys who are really pushy. (One got an entire handful of boob when he accidentally pushed off my chest. Whoops! He told me today at church that he has since repented. Ha!) But I'm sore. My legs are sore. My butt is sore. My back is sore. My abs are sore. My arm is sore. And for some reason I have a headache. (Ok that's unrelated, but it still hurts!) It hurts to sit. It hurts to sleep. It hurts to walk or stand. I shouldn't be this sore! I've been running! I've been working out at the gym! I need to use my sprinting muscles more I guess!

So for now I'm moving around like a little old granny, slow and calculated.

And, I'm making Butternut Squash and Apple soup. Yum!

And, playing football yesterday made me miss my intramural team and my sisters, and my adopted teammate sisters, and all our cheerleaders. Kind of makes me want to do it all over again...

1 comment:

Carly April said...

awwww, i miss our team too. I wish I could play football right now, I'm so jealous!