Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lifetime to do (Post 2)

Number 2: Write my personal history

Today while browsing on my computer I found my preliminary 10-page personal history that I wrote for a Family History class I took at BYU. Here are a few short stories I found that I had already written down for that:
(Preschool) For the Joy School Christmas Nativity, I had to be a shepherd and I remember being really disappointed because Kara got to be Mary and Angie was the angel (the only pretty costumes). I wanted to be something pretty. My mom made my costume and I had a pink head covering and the band to keep it on was gold and sparkly.

(Kindergarten) Once I remember talking on the phone and being asked if I liked new kids on the block. Thinking of course, "Yeah, I like it when new kids move in on our street," I said yes. Then she started playing me a song and I realized that it was a band called New Kids on the Block.

(1st or 2nd Grade) One night as we were running down the street playing, one of the boys teased me. I got upset and called him a "butthead". My mom heard and next thing I know, I am being called back into the house and not allowed to play for the rest of the night. And it was summer and it was still light out.

(7th Grade) I couldn't relate to them. All the black kids were thugs and talked a lot about how their cousins or friends back in the states were in gangs. I remember people crying when Tupac died and I had no idea who he was. They were all listening to rap music and I loved the Beatles.
I got as far as 7th grade before I hit my required 10 pages. I have a lot more to write. I have more to write about what I already wrote, I don't like how it's written either. So, someday I will edit it, or rewrite it and have a great personal history.

No comments: