Thursday, November 12, 2009

Burrr!

Our house is really cold. Our heat isn't working-- well, it's heated in some strange way that I don't totally understand, something having to do with oil. But what I do understand is that I'M COLD! And I have to sleep with socks on. And I don't like sleeping with socks. And, I'll have to sleep with a sweatshirt on and I don't like how it gets twisted around when I sleep.

I took a loooong hot shower this evening after work to warm myself up. It was heaven. You would have thought I had the water on really hot by the amount of steam in the room but it was just normal, the bathroom is just really cold!

We baked cookies tonight with all of us kind of crowded around the oven, and Katie putting her hands as close to the door every time it was opened. And then after they were all made, we left the oven on and open for a while. It warmed up the kitchen. But that soon went away after the oven was turned off.

My nose is cold. But, we can't see our breath yet.

I'm glad we still have hot water. My first weekend in Poland we had no hot water. We boiled water to wash our hair.

It's supposed to get fixed tomorrow. Wish us all luck!

2 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

There is something great about living in a rich man's house...you have heated bathroom floors. Maybe you could sleep on them?

Anonymous said...

Ugh, good luck. I feel your pain.