Friday, November 27, 2009

I RAN A 10K!

Lisa and I ran the Turkey Chase yesterday morning.

BEFORE:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Right before we started running. All that was going through my mind was, "WHAT were we THINKING??"

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pictures of the starting line, and running action shots. Lisa looks beautiful in the running picture and I'm already overheated. (Pretty sure that's the most unflattering picture of me ever...) I think we were some where between mile 3 and 4. And about to run up a hill...

AFTER:
Photobucket
I'm looking sweet. I'm looking red. I had to take off my jacket because I was so hot by the end.

Photobucket

It wasn't the easiest 10k. There were lots of hills and I wasn't completely in shape for it. A 5k would have been pretty easy, but by mile 4 I was starting to get tired. Perhaps it was because at mile 4 we also were running up a hill...

But, all in all, I was so happy I ran it so I could eat more sweet potatoes and not feel quite so glutenous.

Thanks Lisa for being my running buddy! It was fabulous!

(Stay tuned for pictures of Lisa's great turkey, the dinner spread, the dinner company, pies and Hannah Montana dancing...)

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Good job! Jeron and I ran one too. I was SO sore later that night. I could barely move. I feel much better this morning. I trained for it and have run a 1/2 marathon before, not sure why this one was so hard on me. Oh well, it was fun.