Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Exhibitionist?

My friend Debbie picks me up in the mornings so we can go to the gym together before the sun even rises. This morning I texted her shortly after my alarm went, off feeling too tired to go and deciding that an extra 45 min to an hour would do me a lot of good. Besides I thought, I'll just go after work.

Unfortunately Debbie didn't get my text.

I heard her little honk out front and was dragged out of my sleep a bit. I saw light flooding through the gap in my door.

I gasped a bit and thought, "Debbie thinks I'm up because the light is on!"

Dang. One of my roommates was up. Debbie always knows I've slept through my alarm or turned my alarm off (or in the case of Monday morning, forgot to change the time on my alarm and was disoriented when I woke up at 7 because I had dreamed I had already been at the gym) because the lights are off and our house is really dark.

Then I thought, "I'm sooooooooo tired. I can't go to the gym." And I rolled over.

But then I started to feel guilty. How long would she wait out there expecting me to come out the door? Why did I decide sleep was more important than getting fit?

So, I jumped out of bed. Decided I didn't have enough time to get dressed for the gym because then I'd get home late, I'd miss the bus, I'd be late for work, blah blah blah. So I grabbed my robe and ran down the stairs to the front door.

The porch light was on so I knew Debbie could see me. Or at least I thought she could see me.

She didn't.

I danced around on the spot for a second and then ran out the door, barefoot, and in the cold, wearing only my thin robe* that was only just covering my underwear. I explained the missed text, ran back in the house and jumped back into bed.

Besides, I'm going to the gym tonight.

* * *

Or at least I planned on it until I realized I forgot my shoes which are sitting by the couch underneath the coffee table.

*To see the robe, you can go HERE.

1 comment:

laura said...

Ha! I love it. How awkward. I'm jealous that you get to drive to the gym though... I always go after work because there is no way I'm waking up early enough to take the subway there before work!