Monday, January 25, 2010

One of those posts again

Every once in a while I write a post of a bunch of different random things. This is one of those.

Randomness No. 1: When I was in Vienna in 2004 I remember seeing galoshes in the store windows. They were new. They were just coming out. I remember saying I wanted some. Then we went down to Venice. There was a really high tide that day and flooding. All the locals had galoshes they wore.
(Some even had thigh high galoshes. Like the ones for fly fishing.)
See below:
We walked around on these raised platform things that were set up all around the city. Like these people:

I really wished I had had galoshes. I remember my friends asking why I wanted them and wondering what I would wear them with. I thought they would look cute paired with a skirt. (Boots over pants were still kind of weird back then.) I didn't buy the galoshes. About eight months later I was going on a mission and had no need for galoshes, just thick wool lined boots. Then, when I came home, galoshes were all of a sudden trendy. I sometimes don't like jumping on the trend bandwagon (even though I wanted them waaaay before they were trendy).

Well, I bought galoshes on Saturday. Yep, I caved. It was now time to swallow my pride and think, would I rather have dry feet and calves or think, "I'm not getting those because everyone has them now and I wanted them looooong before they were popular?" Now they'll come in really handy with the rain. Though, I was slightly disappointed this morning that last night's rain storm had subsided and I didn't get to enjoy the full effect of the rain protection.

Randomness No. 2: I bought a new Camelbak water bottle when I went to the local R.E.I. wanna-be store in search of a new water bottle since the stainless steel one I had has a small opening making it too difficult to clean properly (and it can't go in the dishwasher so that makes it even tougher). So now I'm drinking tons of water because it's so easy to just sip out of the straw. My problem is two fold: 1. I have a small bladder. 2. I probably have the desk farthest away from the bathroom. I find myself frequently walking briskly to the loo after having waited much too long before getting up to go. (In Jerusalem I took a Camelbak. I was drinking the entire time. I was probably the most hydrated person there. I also always took advantage of a bathroom when I saw one and always had a few shekels in change to use at the bathroom.) I am nice and hydrated all day at work but I'm pretty sure I go to the bathroom way more than anyone else. It's 11:19 now. I got to work at 8:30 (on the dot, hooray me!) and I've already gone three times. Did you really want to know all that? Perhaps not. But you just read it anyway. But anyway, I can't take my water bottle with me anywhere otherwise I'll just keep sipping and I don't have an iPhone so I don't have the Need2P Restroom Locator app.



So now that I've officially blabbed about nothing. I'm going to get back to work. But right after I visit the loo again...

2 comments:

Carly April said...

haha you are going to cave and get an iphone so soon... i love how you are discovering apps more frequently than i am! on a similar note: kinda like how you are jealous of my iphone, i am jealous of your target. REALLY jealous. and on a not-so-similar note: come back to ny please. love!

Michael said...

oh my gosh, my mom SO needs that app! (p.s. the word verification i had to type in while entering this was "ballin." is it a sign of my character? absolutely :)