Thursday, January 7, 2010

Swearing in

Just got back from the swearing in.
  1. Yes, her [Hillary's] ring is HUGE. I could see it sparkling from across the room.
  2. The new administrator, Rajiv Shah, has two young kids and a beautiful wife. The son tried to run off stage after seeing all the people. The daughter tried to pull her dad's had away from the Bible (or other book he used) as his wife held it. The wife struggled holding the child and book together. Rajiv Shah couldn't keep his son still while he held one arm on the book and the other in the air as he took his oath of service. It was endearing and I loved it.
  3. His wife is gorgeous. They got engaged at the Taj Mahal when he flew there for one day to propose. (Hillary told us so.)
  4. He gave a really good speech which made me excited that I work at USAID and work for a good organization.
That's all.

No comments: