Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Year Down

Last year on this day August 3rd I flew across the country with my two suitcases and moved into my house. I was reading back through the posts from that first month. It seems so long ago. I still don't know what I want in life (other than the usual: be happy, have inner peace, be spiritual, have my own family, blah blah blah); and I don't know where I want my career to go (sometimes it sounds a lot more fun to work at Anthropologie and make books all day long--though not together). But I know I want to stay here and I know the move was the best decision.

And to be narcissistic, here are my favorite memories from the last year. (In no particular order.)

Thanksgiving
Amish Country
A Myriad of Transportation Mishaps
Living in DC and it's perks
Getting ready for the future
Embarrassing Moments
Trips to NYC: A, B, C
Family Visiting
SNOW!SNOW!SNOW!
Cute Roommates

And I'm hoping next year will be even better with new things on the horizon, hopefully things I don't even know about yet!

2 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Congrats on making it a whole year! I'm glad you're here too. P.S. I had a thought while I was perusing your favorite memories... we should totally put together a "bridal shower" gift for Erin using those signs we got in Amish Country. :)

Amy Lovell said...

Phew, I was worried one of your favorite memories of last year wasn't going to include me. Yes, I'm vain. I'm glad you moved to the east coast, even though only a few months later I abandoned you. I feel like I had some influence on that move, (even if I really didn't). Hope you're surviving the nasty heat...it's over 100 in OKC WITH humidity...I feel for you, it's nasty. And why am I turning this "comment" into an email? I guess this means we need to chat soon. Ok, that's all! :)