Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Intercourse is a town in Pennsylvania

Photobucket

Saturday we went up to Lancaster County Pennsylvania. Amish country. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get there which didn't seem to bad for a day trip. Perhaps it's because I'm from the West coast and everything takes longer to get somewhere, so the fact that we'd be in a different state in 2 1/2 hours seemed like a great deal to me! The highlight of the trip seemed to be the petting zoo and feeding the animals there. Who would have thought that five 20-somethings would have gotten as excited as we did about feeding animals?



We also made plenty of jokes about the town names in the area and then found these little town signs at Good and Plenty (where we ate lunch/dinner) . So of course we had to buy them and have a photo shoot!



(Unfortunately the appearance of Katie in these photos is slim because I looked bad in all the pictures she was in and I'm not going to post a picture of myself mid word. It just looks funny. So, rest assured, Katie was there with us. And thanks to Holly, again, for the pictures!)

7 comments:

Emma said...

ha ha, this is hilarious. love the signs! did you miss ellie when you were feeding the animals??

Mindy said...

I thought the title of the post was "Intercourse IN a town in Pennsylvania". I thought that was a little...um...shocking as a topic for sweet Lauren. I kept waiting for the part of the story that said that five 20 something girls went on a trip and stumbled onto an inappropriate scene!

Katie May said...

yay! You were in our hood! Looks like fun.

Lloyd and Kay said...

Grandpa was appalled, ha ha. You are so funny, Lauren. What a fun time. I can just imagine if I was your age with all my friends, you just have to laugh and have a good time making fun.

Lloyd and Kay said...

Oh, I forgot to say, on Grandpa's appalling, only in fun. He did laugh

Melissa said...

Fun! I love your racey photo shoot. :) I think you look really cute in these pictures-I love your hair!

wren photography said...

I love the jacket you're wearing! must tell me where you found it!