I'm thankful for my body.
And that I can run, and walk, and run, and skip, and run, and gallop, and run, and jump, and run and dance, and run. I don't particularly like running, but for some reason my sanity lapsed for about five minutes this morning and I signed up for the Turkey Chase. And if you clicked on that link, you'll notice that there are three options.
- 10k
- 2 mile
- 50 meter kids fun
I know.
I'm crazy.
Last time I did a 10k I was in 7th grade, in cross country, and had training everyday after school. I've decided I need to make sure there are no lapses in sanity again.
But, I am grateful for all the things I'm able to do. I'm thankful that I'm not even close to being a contestant for The Biggest Loser. And that I can move. That I can do everything I want. I don't have anything holding me back.
And even though I'm nervous about doing a 10k, it's not something impossible, and I know I can do it, and I know I will feel good about eating that extra piece of pie, or that extra helping of Sweet Potatoes tomorrow.
Huzzah!

3 comments:
haha! that's awesome! you'll do great. just don't worry about trying to keep up with the people passing you. just don't. stop. running. and you'll do great! the first like two miles are the worst...well, the third isn't that great either. anyway, you'll do great! just like in seventh grade. good luck!
Here's some music that will motivate you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTpRVY82gYE
chat that took place at 10:57 this morning:
me: but seriously, maybe you should bag it
not to be debbie downer, but come on! :)
Lauren: bag the 10k?
can't.
i just forked out $35
me: take the shirt and run!
and i don't mean run 10k
i mean run back to the car
Post a Comment