Well, I say, it's Halloween 4:00ish and I still don't know what I'm going to be dang it! I'll probably be something lame and be angry when FB pics get posted. Embarrassing! Remove tag. Remove tag. Remove tag.
But since Cath tagged me days, weeks, months (it was a while ago, trust me) ago, I decided to gather up some of my quirks and pet peeves that I am not ashamed of and which won't (hopefully) come back to haunt me in the future. (See this is a scary Halloween post! Here, I'll even post a scary picture:

Vampire, Edvard Munch
Ok, I think it's scary-ish.)
Now, onto my fabulous post about me and the weirdness that is me:
1. Mmmm. Leaves! I love stepping on crunch leaves. I zig-zag all over the ramp up to campus to get the most crunchy ones. (And I think I found them, but I won't tell you where otherwise they'll all be gone when I go to walk to school on Monday.) Crunchy leaves give a sense of satisfaction, like poking a bubble, or popping bubble wrap, squeezing a pimple or draining a blister. (Liz, you know what I’m talking about! Sorry Erin.) I just love stepping on leaves. It’s totally worth stepping on every leaf just to get the surprise crunch of a really good one.
2. I sometimes feel that if I can’t do something perfect I shouldn’t do it at all. It seems to be the pattern of my life. I very highly debated dropping Bookbinding a few nights ago because I just wasn’t getting my book done but after talking to the teacher and really wanting to stay in the class, I’m turning over a new leaf (a crunchy one) and I’m going to force myself to stick with it.
3. Keep it simple. I can’t stand it when people use big words just to sound smarter. Just use words that everyone understands please! Then no one (me) feels inadequate when you use a big word that they (I) don’t understand. The same goes for acronyms!
4. Eyebrows. I notice eyebrows. My eyebrows are far from perfect but I always notice who has skinny ones; who has unplucked ones; who has a great arch; who has no arch; who has a unibrow; who has full ones etc. But don’t worry, I will never say anything to you about your brows unless you ask me to pluck them, and I’m really good at that too.
5. Shifting. I like shifting gears. And I always have to be driving fast. It seems that even if I’ve all the time in the world I will still be passing all other drivers. I think I like to drive in fourth gear because I get to shift three times before cruising. I also think I like the feel of acceleration.
6. My two favorite things to eat are cookie dough and ice cream. I have to avoid them at all costs because I will eat them and only them if that’s what is around.
7. It has already been established that I like the strange people on campus, but I find myself laughing out loud, walking with a big smile on my face or looking for someone to share in the situation with. I then end up talking to some random person about something funny I just saw. It’s never fully appreciated but since I shared the experience I then remember it and can share it with someone who will fully appreciate it later.
8. As much as I share it is a little known fact that I am pretty private. Ok you don’t believe me. That’s probably because once I share a “secret” once, it’s almost as I’ve given myself permission to tell everyone! It’s a bad habit, and I’m trying to break it. (Not working I’m afraid.)
9. I brush my teeth in the shower so I don’t forget. It’s not so bad once you get used to the hot water.
10. I love cooking but I never do it. It’s one of my goals for the month of November. I got a new cookbook and I will be making at least one dish a week. I’ll keep you posted on what I make. (This is a goal I’m really trying to keep.)
Ok! Have a safe and happy Halloween weekend! Love you! (And leave me comments! I love them.)
1. Mmmm. Leaves! I love stepping on crunch leaves. I zig-zag all over the ramp up to campus to get the most crunchy ones. (And I think I found them, but I won't tell you where otherwise they'll all be gone when I go to walk to school on Monday.) Crunchy leaves give a sense of satisfaction, like poking a bubble, or popping bubble wrap, squeezing a pimple or draining a blister. (Liz, you know what I’m talking about! Sorry Erin.) I just love stepping on leaves. It’s totally worth stepping on every leaf just to get the surprise crunch of a really good one.
2. I sometimes feel that if I can’t do something perfect I shouldn’t do it at all. It seems to be the pattern of my life. I very highly debated dropping Bookbinding a few nights ago because I just wasn’t getting my book done but after talking to the teacher and really wanting to stay in the class, I’m turning over a new leaf (a crunchy one) and I’m going to force myself to stick with it.
3. Keep it simple. I can’t stand it when people use big words just to sound smarter. Just use words that everyone understands please! Then no one (me) feels inadequate when you use a big word that they (I) don’t understand. The same goes for acronyms!
4. Eyebrows. I notice eyebrows. My eyebrows are far from perfect but I always notice who has skinny ones; who has unplucked ones; who has a great arch; who has no arch; who has a unibrow; who has full ones etc. But don’t worry, I will never say anything to you about your brows unless you ask me to pluck them, and I’m really good at that too.
5. Shifting. I like shifting gears. And I always have to be driving fast. It seems that even if I’ve all the time in the world I will still be passing all other drivers. I think I like to drive in fourth gear because I get to shift three times before cruising. I also think I like the feel of acceleration.
6. My two favorite things to eat are cookie dough and ice cream. I have to avoid them at all costs because I will eat them and only them if that’s what is around.
7. It has already been established that I like the strange people on campus, but I find myself laughing out loud, walking with a big smile on my face or looking for someone to share in the situation with. I then end up talking to some random person about something funny I just saw. It’s never fully appreciated but since I shared the experience I then remember it and can share it with someone who will fully appreciate it later.
8. As much as I share it is a little known fact that I am pretty private. Ok you don’t believe me. That’s probably because once I share a “secret” once, it’s almost as I’ve given myself permission to tell everyone! It’s a bad habit, and I’m trying to break it. (Not working I’m afraid.)
9. I brush my teeth in the shower so I don’t forget. It’s not so bad once you get used to the hot water.
10. I love cooking but I never do it. It’s one of my goals for the month of November. I got a new cookbook and I will be making at least one dish a week. I’ll keep you posted on what I make. (This is a goal I’m really trying to keep.)
Ok! Have a safe and happy Halloween weekend! Love you! (And leave me comments! I love them.)
5 comments:
hej hej :D
1. I would be extremely hapy if that will be your last Halloween in Provo :D because you can celebrate next one with me in Poland or we can go to Norway and celebrate it with Mary C. and her husband :P
2. Stepping on crunchy leaves is cool but not here - thank you "beautiful" weather for being generous and sharing rain with us...please leave that poor little innocent leaves alone so I can enjoy crunchy not wet leaves!
3. Lauren! I won't say what I think about people who use big words just to sound smarter...but let me tell you something about my former group... I've noticed that guys do that (use big words) more often (at least in my school)...You would laugh so hard if you would see how guys are trying to impress teacher during my classes!!! once when they were arguing and couldn't say more big words one guy said to another : well, at least I know that by myself and you read that in book!!!
4. I absolutely KOCHAM that picture of ice cream! When you see these kind of things you know that life is worth living :D ( I don't know if I wrote that corectly but it's all because of that great picture)...
5. I brush my teeth in the shower too!!!! ( I know it's suprising but we take showers and brush our teeth - german people think we don't know what soap is and that we use someone else's toothbrushes...funny? I would say sad!)
6. I'm coming over for some delicious jedzonko, ok? Tell me when and where...KOCHAM CIĘ!!!!
You are HILARIOUS!! I freakin love you and your face!!!
i wish i got to run into you on campus and hear your funny stories. that would make my day!
Shifting is amazing. I love going fast in manual cars, then I do auto cars.
Crunching leaves must be in the genes. I love shuffling them with my feet. I love smelling them as they are moved and give off that great Autumn smell. And I love you, Lauren.
Post a Comment