Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Ladies' Room

The Women's restrooms in the library are fantastic. With the arrangement of chairs, couches, and utility vanity I don't know why anyone would want to leave them! I walked into the restroom on the 5th floor of the Harold B. Lee library today and saw one girl sleeping on the couch (her coat was over her head), one girl was eating lunch on a chair, and another was doing her hair. Yes, she was actually straightening her hair. Even the mere fact that she brought her straightener to school cracked me up. All the bathrooms need now are vending machines and maybe an actual bath or shower and we would never even have to leave the library. Actually I think I could live in the library like Claudia in the Metropolitan in From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Although the Met would be so much more exciting and glamorous. Actually come to think of it, I'm pretty sure people do live in the library here, they just leave periodically to go sleep in a bed somewhere south of campus. But next time I'm running late, all I need to do is grab my blowdryer, make up and a pillow and head on up to the 5th, and I'll be set for the day.

8 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Ah... the beautiful women's bathrooms of BYU. When I was pregnant with Kaden I would take a nap every day on a bathroom couch. Wait, I did that when I wasn't pregnant too!

Olivia said...

But I have a problem. I don't like it when everyone's up in the bathroom but not actually using the bathroom and then I have to use the bathroom but it's freaking quiet and everyone's listening to me go to the bathroom so I can't go to the bathroom. It's a double edged sword I think.

cath said...

i want a jimbert too...

Rachel F. said...

Yeah I'm not so much a fan of the bathroom loungers for the same reason olivia mentioned. I have a hard enough time peeing in front of people who are also taking care of business. Trying to make it happen with a bunch of people sitting around surely listening to my every move is completely impossible. Besides, isn't it just a LITTLE gross to hang out in a bathroom with all that goes on in there? I don't know...

Rachel F. said...

P.S. Thank you for bringing The Mixed Up Files back into my life. How could I have forgotten..

Mary said...

You are too cute! It was good seeing you the other day! You are always so happy and smiley! Thanks!

Does Jess have any mass email type thing being sent out... if so I want to be on the list;-) Can you also give me her address?

Kristen said...

Amen to the bathroom awkwardness comments. I am already self-conscious of peeing while others are quietly around, much less trying to sleep!

MKShelley said...

So many times! That was basically the scenario almost every time I walked into that bathroom!